DESIGNER / MAKER
I’m a designer/maker with a passion for environmental sustainability. Using design as a tool to improve people’s lives, experience, and their understanding of quality products. Focussed on creating products with longevity that evoke emotion or an interaction with the user.
Digital Manufacturing is a passion of mine, as well as being very hands on with prototyping and the design development stages of projects.
I’m willing to take on a various range of projects that I feel I have something to both contribute to, and learn from.
2018 - 2019 (Freelance Work)
- Project manager and designer for Hackney Float Club. Managing the renovations of their third shipping container in The Gossamer City Projects.
- Production manager, designer & CNC operator for Taylor Hawkes Design Studio. Working on a large scale project producing furniture for D&AD Design Festival.
- CNC operator at A Klaas Carpentry & Joinery. In charge of all CAD, CNC operations and maintenance and repairs of the machine.
- Designer & maker for Hackney Float Club. Working on the interior fit out of two shipping containers for a meditative float centre. Being involved in hands on installation & in charge of computer modelling.
- Fabrication and rigging for Studio Makecreate, building the Levi’s London and Stockholm Pride float, as well as the display for their Flagship store on Regent Street, London.
- Volunteered in Cambodia for an eco-resort. Where we completed a couple of building projects, such as a tree house and the stairs leading up to it, as well as building a bamboo roof for a large yoga platform. Also restoring the integrity of some of the original structures.
- Volunteered in Malaysia to help start up a Dive Resort with a cafe and camp site. This involved landscaping, building the wooden structures of the cafe and camp site as well as furniture for the resort.
- Worked for a family in New York on the general maintenance of their houses and supporting the caretaker with looking after the property.
University 2013 - 2016
- Worked on a variety of personal and team projects which required, modelling, CAD models and finished prototypes using a range of different materials and processes.
- Worked in collaboration with Amsterdam based company Westkust to experiment with sustainable alternatives to surfboard manufacture, laser cutting various different materials to create a slot together iso grid structure. As well as using a CNC mill to create other models.
- Completed small scale wooden CNC cut models for Mark Products, for a new modular furniture design that was proposed to a number of hotels and other companies.
- Won a group competition set by the Green Build Hub with a team of Product & Interior designers to fit out the interior of their new building on the Eden Project site in Cornwall.
- Exhibited work at New Designers exhibition in London for recent graduates in 2016.
2013 - 2016
BA (Hons) Sustainable Product Design
2011 - 2013
Esher College - A-level